Sunday, November 9, 2014

How I Schooled Myself In The Art of Music

Sexy songstress Ennyhollar is smarting from the release of her latest singles titled 'Alo' and 'Egwuota' which is currently receiving appreciable rotation on air. The UK returnee who is signed onto Dozage Records opens up on her life, career and other issues in this interview with AHMED BOULOR.

Work On Debut Album

Well, it is taking shape day by day. I'm growing stronger and more experienced too. I am trying to get the best mix. I don't want to rush things; the album will be ready when work on it is completed. For now, I am working tirelessly to package a good collection.

Developing Skills In Music

I have a long relationship with music; right from time, I' ve always loved music and each day to is a new dawn in music for me. I literarilly self schooled myself in the art of music. I learn and develop every day.

Point of Talent Discovery

like I've always said, music has always been in me. I started from the cradle, but I officially started doing music professionally in 2011 while I was still in London.

Fans Reaction To Latest Singles

I must confess that the response has been overwhelming. Sincerely, I am overjoyed at the massive acceptance of 'Alo' and 'Egwuota'. People love it and it really feels good when appreciate your works.

Expectations From Debut Album

My fans and lovers of music should expect nothing less than, good lyrics with powerful messages. They should expect songs that they can relate with positively. My collection will be nothing short of nice and matured songs.

Background  

My name is Eniola Ayo, I was born and bread in Lagos, Nigeria before I traveled abroad for my studies. My career started in the UK some years back and I have never looked back since then. I was born in the 80's, I love meeting people, I despise having fake people around. I love music to a fault, I am the 1st lady of Dozage records, and above all God leads the way for me in my career.

Experience As A Black Person In The UK

My oh my, sometimes it was tough, sometimes easy. When I see black people around whites, I still experience the same toughness. Things are not all rosy like we are meant to believe especially for most black nationals in the UK. Life itself is also a tough experience; we all come across tupsy turvy moments every now and then but the way we handle such situations when they arise really matters.

Attraction To Other Forms of Art

I have a flair for other forms of art especially acting. I once featured on a comedy skit with Omini Aho aka headmaster. It was an eye opening experience. 

Male Fans

Male fans can be frustrating sometimes, but then I handle everyone of them with maturity and every meeting turns out to be an episode in a movie for me. My fans are dear to me and I want to use this opportunity to thank all of the for their support.

Love Life

At the moment, I am single but not searching; music is my boyfriend for now. I want to give my all to music as I seek to carve a desired niche for myself in the industry.

Crush On Nigerian Male Celebrity

That would be Davido; his music and style is really attractive.

Support From Parents

Oh yes, my folks are in support of my musical career. They are my number on fans and I am really glad knowing that they both approve of my career path.

Standing Out From The Pack

I know that there are a lot of talented artistes on the scene today but my music will tell make a way for me. I am different from the rest and I know my style of music will give me the edge.

Collaboration With Other Artistes

There are plans in the pipeline for that; there are a number of talented artistes on the music scene that I would love to collaborate with. But I will not like to mention names now until things are concretised.


Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments:

Post a Comment