Sunday, June 21, 2015

Honours For Uba Onwudiwe


Ravishing actress, moviemaker and songstress Uba Onwudiwe is a woman of many parts. The Canadian based mother of three was recently bestowed with a Peace Ambassador award by the National Association of Students of English and Literary Studies (NASELS), Nigeria. 
The award was handed to her in recognition of her antecedents, commitment to youth, and selfless service to humanity which has attracted the younger generation. Speaking after receiving the award, the songwriter, humanitarian and victim advocate thanked the organisers of the award while also noting that she is proud to be an ambassador for Nigeria.
"I am very proud of who I am- a true ambassador of my great country Nigeria, the giant of Africa. I was elated when I was announced as the Peace Ambassador Award by the National Association of English and Literary Studies in Nigerian Universities. I have been part of the support system since 2012 helping integration among youths through sponsorship of Inter University debates. 
"I constantly have the urge to bringing youths together under one umbrella with the aim of promoting peace. That's only way the world can be a better place to live in. It's an honour and a great privilege to be a role model for the youth; it's one of my greatest achievements as an artist being able to touch the lives of the leaders of tomorrow." She said.
In his words, former past president of (NASELS), Comrade AIC Akwarandu said; "Uba's sterling qualities makes her the best fit for this awards. We cannot thank her enough for her unalloyed support she has helped NASELS to gain international recognition and we owe her a debt of gratitude. I pray that God continues to empower her in order to empower others." 


Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment