Friday, July 17, 2015

Coke Studio: MI Connects With Kenyan Acts



New Chairman of Chocolate City Jude Abaga aka M.I had a successful time at the recording of the new season of Coke Studio Africa 2015. 
He united with several Kenyan hip hop acts while in the East African country and he is still working with them on long-term projects. M.I collaborated with Kenyan singer Avril in mash-up songs produced by top Nigerian producer Cobhams Asuquo.
While in Nairobi, another top rapper rapper Octopizzo best known to be an ambassador of Kibera, showed off his hood - the Kibera slum to M.I. It was a move that totally touched M.I, who revealed that Octopizzo really inspired his stay in Kenya. He said that he appreciated Octo's initiative and pride in his hood – biggest African slum. "As a successful rapper, I don't only want to work with artists who only show you the top of their plant but I am also interested in those getting back to their roots," M.I said.
M.I was also in studio sessions with Blinky Bill – talented musician of Kenyan collective Just a Band and music producer. M.I also shot a music video with Kenyan rappers: Muthoni the Drummer Queen and Khaligraph in a song produced by Hookmichigang. What's more? M.I hit the studio with Avril to record a song written and produced by Cobhams Asuquo, and is in talks with Avril for her upcoming Nigerian media tour.
M.I is among a crop of Africa's most talented musicians and producers selected this year to feature in upcoming new season of Coke Studio Africa. The superstars represent a great wealth of music from Kenya, Tanzania, Nigeria, Mozambique and Uganda. For the first time these artistes will collaborate in a unique format of mash-ups - the latest trend in the global music industry. "A celebration of African music" being its core element, Coke Studio Africa's new season will feature performances and collaborations from popular artists who have made a mark on their local music scene.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment