Sunday, July 10, 2016

Actress Queeneth Agbor reacts to misinterpreted Vanguard interview

Fast rising Nollywood actress Queeneth Agbor has reacted to a misconstrued interview she granted Vanguard newspaper recently via a statement she issued this morning. 

The ravishing actress said the publication greatly misinterpreted her and she would like to set the records straight.

Queeneth says she wishes to move forward following this unfortunate episode  and will not be making reference to this in future interviews while also tendering an apology to all those that may feel offended by the publication.

Read her statement below;


On Saturday, an interview I granted respectable newspaper, Vanguard was published but curiously I was misquoted and many of my sentences misconstrued.

I am issuing this statement for the record purpose and for the sake of posterity: One, I have a lot of regard for Vangaurd newspaper despite this unfortunate incident.

Two, I do not in any way dislike Igbo people. I dated an Igbo guy in the past, the relationship did not turn out right and we went our separate ways. The fact that the guy slapped me did not mean all Igbo are bad. 

I have met some wonderful Igbo people, much goodness abound among Igbo. One person’s behaviour cannot be used as yardstick to define a whole tribe. I apologise to all Igbo people who feel offended by that statement. 

I also need to put it on record that I never said Yoruba are philanderers. I apologise again to those that feel offended.

Thirdly, I never said I dated a Fulani man. I have never dated one. I have absolute respect for all tribes and will not be too myopic to generalise based on the shortcoming of one man.  

The statement that I would cut corners if my man is not good in bed and God will understand did not also come from me.  

I wish to move on from this unfortunate incident and will not be making reference to this in future interviews. Once again I apologise to all those that feel offended.

Thanks.

Queeneth Agbor





Link to Vanguard interview:

No comments:

Post a Comment